Released January 5, 2023
Convert your TCL/TK scripts into stand-alone executable binary programs. No compiler required.
Use freeWrap as a single-file WISH shell
32-bit and 64-bit versions available for both Windows and Linux
- FreeWrap distributions are freely available for Linux and Windows operating systems. FreeWrap for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Linux and Windows are available. Instructions and source code for building freeWrap on these platforms are included in the freeWrap source code distribution. See the Downloads table to retrieve these packages.
- Included with freeWrap are the tcllib and tklib libraries as well as the Tktable, WinICO, and TWAPI extensions.
- TCL-only versions of freeWrap for creating binaries from TCL (non-TK) scripts are included in the distributions.
Changes in last revision
- Changes for version 6.75
- FreeWrap 6.75 is based on TCL/TK 8.6.13.
- The TWAPI extension included in freeWrap has been updated to version 4.7.2.
View full revision history
Read the freeWrap documentation.
These latest downloads are available from http://sourceforge.net/projects/freewrap/files/freewrap/freeWrap 6.75
The distributions contain both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of freeWrap for the associated operating systems.
Windows distribution of freeWrap version 6.75.
Includes both freewrap and freewrapTCLSH. Unzip this file to install freewrap 6.75 on Windows.
Linux distribution of freeWrap version 6.75
Decompress and unTAR this file to install freeWrap 6.75 on Linux.
freeWrap version 6.75 source distribution in compressed TAR format for building 32-bit and 64-bit versions of freeWrap for Linux or Windows.
This page last updated January 5, 2023